UK Visitor Visa
The UK visit visa is an online visa with an appointment at VFS to apply your papers. The procedure usually takes 3-4 weeks, and once the visa is released, you can remain in the UK for up to 6 months. The UK visit visa is valid for the following purposes:
Visiting friends and families in the United Kingdom
Visiting the United Kingdom for recreation and tourism
Visiting the United Kingdom for medical purposes
Some non-business pursuits
How to Apply for a UK Visitor Visa?
The application for a UK visitor visa must be made from outside the UK. The earliest you can apply for this visa is 30 days prior to your planned travel to the UK.
To apply for a visa to visit the UK you will go through these simple steps:
Documents required for UK Visa application
The following documents are required for a visit visa to the United Kingdom:
Salary and accounting information
Itinerary and history of transport
Evidence that you can properly finance your stay
You must have proof that you can afford to pay for your air transport to and from the United Kingdom.
Evidence that you will depart the UK at the end of your visit.
FAQ on UK Visa Application
- Indian nationals must obtain a UK visa to enter the UK as a tourist or for business purposes. You must choose a UK visa form based on the intention and length of your stay. Indian passport holders who wish to visit the United Kingdom for tourism should apply for a visa online or seek advice from visa experts.
- Indians must have a passport with a minimum validity of six months in order to qualify for a UK visa.
You may apply for one of the following forms of UK visas depending on the intention of your visit to the UK.
• Tourist visa – A UK tourist or guest visa is granted to those who wish to visit family and friends or fly to the UK for a vacation. People who wish to come to the country for medical care will even get a visitor visa.
• UK Business Visa – A UK business visa is granted to visitors who are visiting the UK for business or academic purposes.
• Transit Visa – A UK transit visa is required for visitors passing through the UK on their way to another country.
- To apply for your UK online visa (add a link) payments are made online, our visa processing team is able to provide specialist support and to share the documents you need.
UK Tourist visa at a rate of only Rs 11,859 can be obtained.
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), also referred to as a visitor visa or Canada Tourist visa, is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).
There are a number for basic requirements for a Canadian visitor visa. This requirements include:
- have a valid travel document (passport)
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- prove that you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family that prove you will be returning to your home country
- prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay which depends where and how long you stay
Most visitors are allowed a six-month stay from the day they entered Canada. If the officer authorizes a stay of less than six months, they will indicate in your passport the date by which you must leave Canada. If you want to stay longer than your authorized stay, you should apply for an extension at least 30 days before the authorized end of your stay.
- Visit / Tourism
- Temporary Resident
Visitors are persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and are legally authorized to enter Canada to:
- visit Canada on holiday (vacation),
- visit family,
- conduct business, etc.
- Visitors are restricted in length of stay and subject to various conditions..
Many international students in Canada finish their studies with the hopes of obtaining work and remaining in Canada permanently. In certain Express Entry categories, students may be eligible for permanent residence without any work experience. Often though, students will apply for work and then a work visa to stay temporarily. After having gained academic and work experience in Canada, they may have more options to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
Standard Visitor Visa Extension
There are some exceptional circumstances upon which you may extend your Standard visitor visa. Typically the complete period of extension together with the visa period doesn’t exceed 6 months, except for the following cases:
- If you’re on private medical treatment. You may get an additional 6 month period of visa extension to get medical care. You have to prove that you have paid your care costs, that you can pay additional costs and you haven’t broken immigration and visa rules.
- If you’re an academic completing a research project. The amount of extension and the initial visa period shouldn’t be more than 12 months.
- If you’re sitting the PLAB examination for the second time. You may get an additional 6 months through extension.
- If you want to engage in a clinical duty after having passed PLAB examination. The period through extension doesn’t exceed a year and a half.